Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Today is the first day of my new life as a vegetarian. I feel a little sad, like I've ended a relationship or misplaced my favorite shoes.

Being a vegetarian is rough. I went out to brunch today with some friends, only to discover that the restaurant they suggested specializes in curing meats. Fantastic.

I found a dish that sounded appetizing and ordered it (minus the chorizo, thank you). The waitress told me that it was impossible to separate the chorizo. I froze. What now? I must have worn my panic on my face, because she gently asked, "Oh, are you looking for vegetarian options?" At this very point I almost gave up, but felt it was best to give myself at least one full day before throwing in the towel.

Instead, I ate scrambled eggs with purple cauliflower. Day one = success.

1 comment:

  1. My New Year's resolution is to not forget that you are a vegetarian :) Glad you've started a blog! I'm excited for your adventure.

    ReplyDelete